Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.itbasegroup.com
When this Policy Applies
This Policy applies to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information:
- through our website (ITbasegroup.com) and related applications and content that link or refer to this Policy.
- in connection with any of our events or sales, marketing, advertising and recruitment activities or in the course of providing other IT Base Group services to you (collectively with the Sites, the “IT Base Group Services”); and
- when receiving services from you.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to the practices of third parties that IT Base Group does not own or control.
Collection of Personal Information
IT Base Group collects and maintains personal information from the following categories of individuals:
- Visitors: individuals who visit or use our Site or any other IT Base Group Services, so that we can provide them with the services they require;
- Customers, vendors, service providers and other suppliers: employees, representatives and/or agents of our customers, service providers, vendors and other suppliers with whom we have a business relationship and/or manage on behalf of our customers.
If you submit any personal information relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the IT Base Group services, you confirm that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Policy.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- Information submitted to us: IT Base Group collects personal information that individuals provide to us, such as when they visit one of our Site, post on our forums or blogs, or access certain IT Base Group Services or if they subscribe to our marketing or register for an IT Base Group event or otherwise contact us. We may also collect personal information from individuals offline, for example when individuals provide information to us by telephone or in person.
- Contact information (such as name, address, email address and telephone number);
- Information you provide about others you would like us to contact (for example referrals or references) or information regarding your emergency contacts;
- Resume or C.V. information, such as employment and education history, language proficiencies, security clearance information and other work-related skills, awards and honors, membership in clubs and organizations, personal interests and activities and information regarding your career interests and other qualifications for or desires regarding future employment opportunities, including information regarding desired compensation and benefits; and citizenship and work authorization status.
- Information we collect automatically: We automatically collect certain technical information from visitors to our Site, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address of their device, their login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platforms.
- Although we aim to minimize the amount of Sensitive Personal Information we process, we may process such information in certain circumstances, such as where we are required to or permitted to do so by law (e.g. information about your racial / ethnic origin, gender and disabilities for equal opportunity monitoring or affirmative action program), or where it is necessary to provide you with a service, or if we need to perform a criminal background check, drug/alcohol test or fitness for duty testing. If required by applicable data protection laws, we will obtain your express consent to our use of your sensitive personal information.
Use of Personal Information
The personal information IT Base Group collects will be used only as described in this Policy and/or in the way we specify at the time of collection. For the most part, we collect and use personal information to effectively provide and improve IT Base Group Services and to comply with applicable laws and government regulations.
More specifically, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing and administering the IT Base Group Services and for internal operations (for example, troubleshooting, data analysis, statistical and survey purposes);
- Protecting the IT Base Group Services (for example, fraud monitoring and prevention);
- Responding to your communications;
- Complying with applicable laws and government regulations;
- Gauging the number of users and usage of the Site, so we can plan Site bandwidth and capacity accordingly;
- Recognizing you when you return as a repeat visitor to our Site or other online IT Base Group Services;
- Providing information on goods and services you have requested;
- Sending you e-mails and other promotional communications about IT Base Group marketing, advertising and promotions in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing at any time;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, services and offerings, enhancing, improving or modifying our Site, products and services and operating and expanding our business activities; and
- Notifying you about changes to our Site or other IT Base Group Services.
We may also use the personal information we receive for the purposes of creating anonymized and aggregated statistics that do not reveal the specific identity of any person.
In most cases, IT Base Group will process personal information for a variety of business purposes which are in our legitimate interests (for example, to operate its business and provide you with services you have requested), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. However, in some cases and always where required by applicable law, IT Base Group will seek your consent to process your personal information (including any Sensitive Personal Information).
Cookies and Online Tracking
IT Base Group website uses “cookies” and similar technologies to help personalize your online experience and for our analytics purposes.
A cookie is a small data file placed on the hard drive of your computer when you visit certain websites. A cookie file can contain information such as a user ID that the site uses to track the pages you have visited.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser, although you may not be able to take full advantage of IT Base Group website if you do so. You do not need to have cookies turned on to use/navigate through many parts of IT Base Group’s website, except that access to certain IT Base Group Web pages require a login and password.
You can find information on popular browsers and how to adjust your cookie preferences at the following websites:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416
Cookies and other similar technologies: For information about how to disable selected cookies and other similar tracking technologies from collecting information on the IT Base Group Services to third party properties, please see the Section headed “Cookies and Online Tracking”.
Marketing Communications: Where it is in accordance with your marketing preferences, we may periodically send you updates via e-mail about promotional opportunities or technology services we think may interest you.
You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications by clicking “Unsubscribe” in any e-mail communications we send you. At the point where we request personal information about you, our Sites also give you the opportunity to decide which communications you receive.
Sharing Your Personal Information with Third Parties in the following situations:
- Compliance with laws: We may disclose personal information to a third party where we are legally required to do so in order to respond to or comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, court orders, legal process or government requests, including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Vendors, consultants and other service providers: We use third party vendors, consultants and other service providers to assist us in providing the IT Base Group services, including to support IT platform management or support services, infrastructure and application services, marketing, data analytics. In providing these services on behalf of IT Base Group, it may be necessary for us to provide these third parties with access to your personal information.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Security of Your Personal Information
IT Base Group is committed to protecting the personal information you share with us. IT Base Group uses appropriate physical, technical, organizational and administrative security measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized or unlawful access, use or disclosure, and from accidental loss, destruction or damage.
IT Base Group supports online security using secure server technology because we want your data to be safe. We use state-of-the-art security arrangements and facilities on our Sites and through IT Base Group Services to maintain data security. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet cannot be guaranteed 100% completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information that is transferred over the internet.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Links to Other Sites and Public Forums
IT Base Group Site may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. If you access those links, you will leave IT Base Group Site. IT Base Group does not control those sites or their privacy practices, which may differ from IT Base Group’s practices. IT Base Group is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites outside of IT Base Group. The personal information you choose to provide or that is collected by these third parties is not covered by this Policy. We encourage you to review the policy of such third parties before submitting your personal information.
IT Base Group may make message boards, news groups, and/or public forums available to users on its Site. Any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information that may be accessed by third parties; therefore, you should use caution before deciding to disclose any personal information in these forums.
If you have any questions about this Policy or if you wish to exercise Your Privacy Rights please contact:
IT BASE GROUP, LLC
11 Parkway Circle, Suite #111
New Castle, DE 19720